Rico is back
Hard to believe we are now at the fourth entry within the Just Cause series. This franchise is known for its tomfoolery with gadgets, vehicles and exploiting the open world and its enemies in the most imaginative ways with the game’s exceptional collection of mercenary toys. Time to find out how this new entry has spiced things up for this latest outing in the Just Cause playbook.
Players once more take the role of agent Rico Rodriguez and travel to South American to take down a new villain that can actually manipulate and control nature itself. You’ll face the usual terror and unrest, plus the brutal weather conditions of course that look absolutely phenomenal on the Xbox One X. JC4 is a mixed bag between insane bouts of action and exploration; and more than likely heavy periods of laughter. Once you find out you can basically tether about anything in the game together, you’ll soon be experimenting in hilarious ways to send your enemies off into space. The limit to scenarios and video clips to share with your friends is directly and only limited to your imagination.
The active weather elements featured in Just Cause 4 are again just fantastic and crank up the mayhem even further. I only wish these violent tornadoes and sandstorms were more prominent, as they were always awesome to behold and the chaos that ensued was nothing short of gaming brilliance. Some of the more generic missions however slow the frantic pace that this series is known for. We have all participated in these exercises before, as nearly all open world games these objectives in some sort or fashion (escort, protect, find and destroy, Point A to Point B, ect).
Luckily, players can tackle a lot of these objectives in some truly epic ways thanks to the wingsuit, grappling hook, balloons, rocket boosters, retractor and your trusty parachute readily available whenever needed. Needless to say, you’ll have an extensive tool-set at your disposal, which is what makes this game so incredibly fun.
Bring The Thunder:
- Soar through the skies with your wingsuit – Skydive, Base Jump and Free Dive with no limits!
- Fight your enemies under extreme weather conditions, including towering tornadoes and tropical lightning storms, taking the iconic Just Cause action to insane new heights.
- Use extreme weather events to your advantage thanks to never seen before in-game physics.
Rico’s Ultimate Mission:
- Spearhead the rebellion and defeat the Black Hand, a hi-tech private military organisation.
- Face off against Gabriela Morales – your most fierce, capable, and unpredictable adversary yet.
- Uncover the truth of Rico’s father’s past life on Solis’ and its extreme weather.
Huge South American World:
- Explore the remote South American country of Solis, home of conflict, secrets, and danger.
- Enjoy 1024 square kilometres of exotic playground, from rainforest to desert, via snowy mountain peaks.
- Discover a plethora of wonders as you explore the world of Solis from bustling cities to rural grasslands.
Creative Destruction at its best
- Customize your new grapple hook with evolved and brand-new capabilities, allowing you to create your own personal stunts, destructive methods and overall play style.
- Experiment with a huge variety of new vehicles including military jets, helicopters, turbo-fuelled sports cars, and construction vehicles.
Just Cause 4 continues to throw the open world action adventure formula into overdrive with insane weather mechanics and an ingenious collection of gadgets that make for some truly memorable and often hilarious gaming moments.
Review Copy provided by Square Enix
Just Cause 4 Review (Xbox One X)
Review Score - 83%
Rogue agent Rico Rodriguez journeys to Solis, a huge South American world home of conflict, oppression and extreme weather conditions. Strap into your wingsuit, equip your fully customizable grappling hook, and get ready to bring the thunder!